Your Job, My Job, Our Job
Teachers and students develop classroom behaviours and expectations through collaborative discussions about teacher and student jobs. This type of collaborative discussion alleviates implementing rules and ensures everyone is responsible for their own behaviour and choices.
Berry Street Education Model
As a school we are currently being trained in and implementing the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM). BSEM provides strategies for teaching and learning that enables teachers to increase engagement of students with complex, unmet learning needs and to successfully improve all students’ self-regulation, relationships, wellbeing, growth and academic achievement.
Respectful Relationships education is a core component of the Victorian Curriculum which we teach from grade Prep to 6. It is all about embedding a culture of respect and equality across the entire school community.
The Wellbeing Team at Morwell Central Primary School includes:
- Wellbeing Team Leader / Additional Leaning Needs Coordinator
- Student Support Officer
- School Nurse
- Koorie Engagement Support Officer
- Summer the Therapy Dog
We are also lucky enough to have a number of allied health professionals working from Morwell Central Primary School to support our students:
- Speech Pathologist
The Wellbeing Team supports students and families at Morwell Central Primary School in many different ways, including:
- Breakfast Club which is open from 7:50 daily
- Snacks and lunch available and provided to any students who require it
- Fruit provided in every learning space for students to enjoy at various times
- State School Relief initiated for all students requiring support with uniforms
- Social Skills groups implemented by Wellbeing staff
- Supporting families to access NDIS packages/funding
- Hearing, vision and dental checks through relevant sources
- Weekly therapy sessions offered by accredited counsellor for individual students and small groups of students
- Supporting families with paediatrician, GP, vision, hearing, dental and ENT referrals, appointments and follow up
- Programming for articulation, language delays, tongue tie, etc.
Members of the Wellbeing Team can be contacted by calling the office on 51365568, emailing email@example.com or attending the front office during school hours.
Breakfast Club is open from 7:50am everyday. For the cost of only 50 cents, students can enjoy a range of cereals, muffins, pancakes, raisin toast or sausages.